Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Well I hadn't intended to go on sondage this lunch time;
a) not really my thing, I don't like approaching total strangers to ask them about God
b) Alan, Catrin & Gwilym were going, and what with the 15 or so from Toulouse/Montpelier, I thought that would be enough..

However, Gwilym was tired from yesterday, Alan had to get ready for the bible study tonight, Catrin still wanted to go, so I guess I had to!

Anyway, as I said in previous post, photos are used to

describe your life right now
describe your experience with religion
describe your experience with God today

They have to chose one photo for each out of a choice of about 50..they could take their time over it. Then we would ask them why the chose the particular picture (if it was a sensitive subject the we would move on to the next)

I found it a great experience, and a much better approach than the one we have used in previous sondage 'do you believe in God' 'What does he represent for you' being the first two questions..

I felt it was a lot easier to get into conversation, able to share experiences..Maybe one thing that was missing, is that in the questionnaire, we ask them if they would be interested in doing bible studies, or if they would like to receive a bible, but I reckon you could melange the two sondages some how..

Having said all of this, I found it rather difficult to understand the responses of the two girls with whom we talked..they spoke very fast and ate their words ie something like waddya think, or words that we join together in English..so I was unable really to write down responses or join in very much at all.

But it was a great experience, & I would be happy to use them with English speaking students...

Catrin went with one of the agape team, and had a great time, asking the questions! Probably the youngest evangelist on the campus!

Then everyone headed back here for the bbq..we were crowded, but our house seems to swallow folks us, (so much so, that everyone had left, then Fiona came belting out of the house wondering where everyone was!) so there seemed plenty of room..It was great to spend time talking to one or two of the folks finding out how they came to be working for agape etc

So a very encouraging day! Merci Seigneur!

No comments: