Well this week, hmm the major thing is that I've lost my keys!! only since Tuesday..well I only realised today that I can't find them! I'm sure they'll turn up cos I went to the prayer meeting on Tuesday, & drove home again, & all my keys are together so..
.Finished my physio..so glad it gets reimbursed!
Next week I have to go to the dentist..oh no! I only took Catrin there last week,just a routine check up...when your kids turn 15 they get a free check up.. Alan happened to mention that I hadn't been for a while,& hey presto one of my teeth is broken..well it might be the filling..if so that's better, cos I'm convinced that the day isn't far off when I'll be getting false choppers!!
Finished my physio at last..I had to cancel one last week for some reason, oh yeah, I had to take Catrin to the dentist..I'd booked it thinking that Alan would be able to take her, but as it turned out he was busy, hence I cancelled the physio..but it's all done. Back is great though I always have the sense of ache there, like at this minute as I type, but it could be that I'm not sitting very well! (adjusts chair) hmm that's better
Catrin had the entrance test for the Lycee Magendie yesterday..she thinks it went well. Her dad took her & they had a great time sharing & chatting..Alan quite enjoyed their time together..She's good company is our Catrin (so's Gwilym of course)
Today she's in Toulouse with her class, until tomorrow. I don't know if it's the same in the UK we haven't tried it, but the girls in the collége all seem to have moments of nasty ness,, they turn against one of the other girls, all go off together..then get over it (or don't) & come back..Yeah on reflection it probably is the same! Adolescent girls..horrible things!
Back in the book shop today. I had honestly thought about giving it up..the till they have just doesn't tell you what change you need to give the clients,& it's OK if you're quick with numbers, but of course here you have to be good at French numbers!! So it stressed me out, & at the council meeting last week I told Alan to say this to them..anyway, there is a way to find the change to give! Poor Lilian(one in charge person with her husband) has been on at them for years to get a till that does this, & it does it anyway!! just fiddle a few nobs & bob'z yer uncle ( actually what you have to do, is scan the product & the price enters on the screen, then you put in it's place the money the client gives, & lo & behold there on the right hand cornier is the answer..but you have to be sure to lift the money given from the screen otherwise the till won't be right...so I learnt that with great joy & relaxation today..but of course everyone paid by card! Ah well, at least I know:
This evening we have a guest from Rodez staying overnight. She has an interview in Bordeaux for the university..we were asked if we could lodge her..it's fine, always a bit odd having someone you don't know staying in your house..she's a pleasant youngster & hopefully will do well in her interview!
Had a wonderful chat with my dearest friend Mary & her hubby by skype on Tuesday..s'wonderful thing is skype..it was just like being in the same room, except we couldn't have a cuppa together! We're thinking of having a weeks holiday together their family & ours, next year for our 20wedding anniversary..

No comments:
Post a Comment