Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 28, 2006

mother's day in France

Today it's mother's day, and you're made to feel very special here.

In all the supermarkets, well I think it"s all, they give out a rose, your children go up and get it for you.

We had a mother's day in France some years ago, when we were here on holiday, and that's what happened then.

Today, at church all the mother's were made to go up to the front; and their children gave them a rose. In the sunday school they had also made a lovely picture with a lovely verse on it;

John 15v15 on one, and Isaih 43v4 on the other. Both in French of course, and beautifully done.

No one ever said mother- hood would be easy, and at times you pull out your hair; think you're going to murder! but it really is worth it, and we are blessed that we count it a privelege, not every one does I know but I wouldn't change the children for the world.

Maybe the arguments, but, well they are lovely children really!!!

I think it's a shame that mother's are not recognised more for all the hard work of bringing up children, and many of them on their own!

So, I've had a lovely day, now I have to try and persuade the children that a shower is a good thing to have after a very hot day 23°c, before bed time.

Now they are fighting over who goes first for the shower!! O the joys of mother hood

No comments: