Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Allez les bleus encore!!

As I sit here typing this (sounds like the beginning of a novel)
horns are going; fireworks are firing, and the neighbor's little boy is blowing a trumpet..France is celebrating another win, goal by Zini thingy bob. Poor Catrin is trying to get to sleep, not a lot of hope for that !

Glad they won, cos I think Portugal played dirty, falling over and pretending they were fouled!!

Also, well you have to support the home team!

Thanks for the comment re weddings, I tried to publish it but it disappeared into cyber space. I love the way that the French join in the wedding, blowing horns and stuff. I want to go to a French wedding just so I can blow the car horn and have a pretty bow on the aerial

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a pretty poor show if you only put a bow on the aerial, one is required on each, where there are two, windscreen wiper. (Some Citroens and a few other cars only have one wiper with a very wide sweep). One is also put on each of the hubcaps - or if they've been nicked, the wheels. French weddings are a very time-consuming affair! We actually went to the Venerable Potts' wedding over by Strasbourg (quite) a few years ago and only just arrived in time - due to a breakdown which had necessitated an overnight stay. None-the-less, after the service, we were waylaid by family members and made to embelish the car before we were allowed to go to the reception. Those adornements stayed on the car for very many months afterwards. What a wedding that was! If anyone out there in darkest South Wales has contact with Steve and Eveline, please give them our regards, no, our warmest love in Jesus. He'll know who it is!!!