We had a super time in London, visiting Windsor castle, Mdme Tussaud's, Buckingham palace, British Museum, Dicken's World (bit disapointing)
It was great fun, we laughed such a lot & I made silly mistakes which made us all laugh again:
"Si je gonfle, je dois dire pardonne"
Every one fell apart! I had meant to say, "If I snore sorry"
but in fact what I'd said was "If I inflate"
So the lady we stayed with was the organiser of all the families who took the kids in..what organisation! About 50 families..so a huge thanks to them all!!
The coach driver was not very pleasant! He had to be put with a different family again cos of illness, & he was not a happy chappy! He was very rude & sent an email to the company to complain! The family certainly don't want him back again! Having said that, he was always on time to meet us.
So, we visited all the above places, went on a bit of a tour in the coach.. I was put in charge of 11 students, five minuits later they had all disappeared! Thankfully they were all very well behaved, & I guess that they knew that if they got lost they wouldn't get home again! Anyway, they were all ok of course,wandering round the cathedral..
I was happy that they all seemed to be content with their families & the food..bit disappointed that some folks were not very polite..some lads were playing football in a car park & of course the ball went over the fence, & into a public road..
So I went over to help them find it & it was near some garages..the folks there came rushing out "are you in charge of these kids" Honestly, they weren't very pleasant which was a shame cos the kids were doing only what kids do, looking for their foot ball!
They didn't find it..
All in all a great trip, I had started off nervous, wondering what my role would be..I was there to help translate anything necessary..my first job arrived at the channel tunnel.. then a lot of translation of the conversations with the family we stayed with, helping one of the lads to change his cash, exchanging something that broke...
It's good to be home!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment