Well shiver me timbers & pat the dog, I'm back! Only two months since I last blogged, well, what do I write, why do I write & who cares anyway? Perhaps someone out there in cyber land is watching to see the exciting events of my life here in France,
It's very cold today, we thought that spring had come, it's been gorgeous, so gorgeous in fact, that on Monday I think it was, I sat out in the garden & even took off my jumper!! In my t shirt sleeves!! amazing, but today, although it's been lovely & sunny & very clear, it's also been very very cold!!
This morning Alan & I went to Cenon church, to do our weekly permanence, I say ours, I don't always go..but this morning I went to clean all the windows. There were workmen outside, so we offered them a coffee.A good way to get to know folks eh! Coffee speaks volumes, I don't think many French people would refuse a coffee.The idea of the weekly permanence is to get to know the area around the Church & the folks too, so they get to know there's a Church in the area & that we're normal..well, as normal as can be.
This afternoon, we went to visit some new appartments that have just gone up on the corner of our road. They are lovely! We could see ourselves living in one of them..We looked at a 3 bedroom..nice sized rooms all round, with a lovely outlook over the back courtyard, where they have managed to keep most of the original trees from when there was a huge house there, plus some new ones, with a couple of benches. This one had two balconies!
Then we looked at a two bedroom appartment, obviously smaller but still nice, only it was looking out over a busy noisy road, opposite is the local collége. It would be ok apart from that. So we're moving in tomorrow! I jest..but we will have to down-size once the bairns have left the nest, so we're just looking for what could be possible.
So children..Gwilym spent the month of January in the UK, wales to be precise, doing work experience in the EMW bookshop in Bridgend. He had a great time, meeting up with friends, drinking lots of coffee!
He had a chance to talk to the boss man of the Bible college he wants to go to in a few years time.He has to spend two years in the UK to be accepted as a UK citizen..so who knows when that'll happen. He has his BAC next year.
Catrin is very keen to do music, drama..she may well try for the Conservatoire here in Bordeaux where she can do studies in that area..If she can't get in to Cardiff school of music..
This year is our 20 wedding anniversary! Where have the years gone, I can't believe it. God has been very kind to us, in giving us each other & two lovely kids. My best friend Mary has just celebrated her 20 anniversary as well, & we're meeting up at the end of May! I'm sooo excited, it's been years since we've seen each other & it'll be so good to catch up over a cupps!
We will celebrate at the end of March perhaps;or sometime when we can find a lovely moment..Not sure what we'll do though;
Alan is off to W.Africa for two weeks in March which includes our anniversary..it's ok, we discussed it & I said it would be a shame for him to miss the opportunity just for one date, special though it is.

No comments:
Post a Comment