As I type this, Catrin is playing the piano & singing "Only by grace can we enter"
Today started off a bit fretful whilst waiting for the chap to come & turn off our water, that has been gushing into our back garden since yesterday afternoon..(thankfully not into our house at least!)
You'd think when you call the emergency services they'd come pretty swiftly..anyway, the chap finally came & found the meter buried, dug it up & turned off the water! We were hoping our plumber friend would also come to find out where the water flowing out, was coming from..see Alan's blog for more details!
So instead of going out for coffee with the person I was to meet up with, they came here instead, which was fine, cos I'd bought some bottled water..
Anyway, Y is someone who is going through a very difficult time at the moment & asked to know more about Jesus.. some other friends put us in touch...a brand new person who wants to know the Saviour! What a privilege to be able to share the gospel with someone who doesn't know it! Starting from scratch as it were!! So we talked about sin, recognising that we are all sinners and need forgiveness, and all this helps me such a lot, reminding me of who Jesus is & it is "Only by grace" that we can enter into fellowship with him.
So were going through Christianity Explained the book of Mark and Y has lots of questions..I don't often get the opportunity to see someone so new seeking, it's really exciting..We're going to meet up again next week.
Meanwhile I'm still knitting! I have just finished 6 tea cosies I promised the proprieter of the shop, I am now in the middle of 3 that someone asked her for! I have no idea how long this job will last, but it's really great fun..the needles click away, steam coming from both ends, and my fingers too! Long may it continue. O I've also heard that one of my nieces is expecting a baby, so I feel a baby blanket coming on, plus perhaps some white fingerless gloves for my sister-in- law if I can get the hang of them...

No comments:
Post a Comment