we had to talk about our passion, apart from chocolate!
The teacher hadn't got around to me that day, so I had chance to think about it a bit.
Being a bit of a show off, I decided to take in one or two of
the dolls I have been knitting.
I really enjoy making the Jean Greenhough dolls. My mum was really good at making them and always made something for the grandchildren.
One of the chaps decided he would like one! So I am in the middle of making him a Father Christmas doll, quite a big one too.
He has taken it upon himself to buy some pot pourri for me to put in them, and some pipe cleaners to make the arms bendy!!He thinks they are quite unique( especially the way I do them!) He comes from Korea!
So now thanks to him I can make the dolls pong!! He really is a very nice chap.

2 comments:
Ah, you knit too! Wonderful. Will the arms be pingy? Ooo that would make it a pingy pongy doll. If you were to put bells in them they could be ringy, pingy, pongy dolls! There now I'm being silly.
Catrin - learn too, don't let this be a dying art! and Gwilym. Let's go the whole hog and have Alan clicking the old sticks!
some of them are sometimes a bit wonky to, so they would be wonky, ringy pingy pongy dolls!
Catrin does a little bit of knitting and she stuffs the dolls, and sometimes does the eyes.
Gwilym has also done some but not a lot, and Alan, well don't tell anyone, but he did knit a gorgeous cardigan in autumnal colours which I covet very much!!! He can knit clothes where as any clothes I have knitted, have ended up with holes!So hence the reason I stick to dolls, they don't seem to get holes in, or then they would be holy wonky ringy pingy pongy dolls!
O I could go on all night!
Post a Comment