Well, we had a great time, eventually! It took one particular lady an hour to find the house! She lives about 5mins away, and there was I saying it's trés facile!
If it had been me I would have given up and gone home after 1/2 an hour! I was very honoured that she didn't!
I think there was about 10 of us althogether.
As you can see, we played twister, and a bit of playstation, and topple blocks or Jenga if you have the posh version!
I have to declare myself the champion of topple blocks though!
We had everyone holding their breath each time we removed a block and placed it on the top!All the instructions for twister had to be given in French, as that was the common language of the evening! Good eh? Catrin and Gwilym were particularly gifted at doing this.
Well, we all managed wonderfully, even when the phone rang.
It was the chap about coming to see the chimney. I did my usual "I'm -sorry,- but- I- don't- understand -very -well- can -you- ring -back- tomorrow- when- my -husband- is -home"
One of the girls spoke very good French, so I handed the phone to her and she sorted it our.Phone calls are really hard to understand! I prefer to speak face to face, at least I think it's a bit easier then. One can make all sorts of hand gestures to help!
Although she said he would come at 8pm and infact it was 8am. Still, Alan had altready sorted it out with him, perhaps it was a call just to confirm??
We started about 7pm and everyone went home about 10pm. Just about right, especially as the children had to get up for school.
Prior to all of this, we had checked out the bus route, and time tables for the students, and found that to get back to the university would take 3hrs!!
I was so pleased that two of them had cars, and so were able to ferry the others around.We could easily have accomodated them, on the couches or fold out bed thingys, but there's no place like your own bed;
I did have some tracts on the table, I don't think anyone took one, but that's ok.
We have a Christmas get together at the Student centre in the middle of Bordeaux on Christmas Day and so I will invite them to that as well.
Yesterday as I was checking on the numbers, one of the chaps said "I thought I'd probably come about 11pm" Inearly fainted! I think he was working up til then.
I had to put him off that idea really, although as I hear it's normal for the "youngsters" to boogie all night long (yes, I can actually remember that myself!)
So he didn't actually come, although I did wonder if ishould sleep in the salon, just incase he turned up!
One of the students made us a cake, and she couldn't even come! How nice is that, and it was a gorgeous cake to!

No comments:
Post a Comment