It takes ages to get your post, and to blog at the moment!I think they are 'avin a bit o trouble mate.
Anyway, we had the first meeting of the Rive Gauche prayer meeting tonight. Six people came,and it was great to see them.
We read some of Acts 2 v27-37 about the early church, and the character of the early Christians, how they prayed together, and met together frequently.How they persevered in the teaching of the apostles and broke bread together.
We discussed what we thought the goal of our meeting together like this, and the first and central thing is to study the bible, discuss and share. To get to know each other better, and to pray, and use it as a means to outreach evangelism.
It was suggested that some new folk would find it less intimidating meeting in a home first. We talked about having BBQ's and picnics.
All under the main authority of Floirac church and our Pastor Sammy.
One thing that was said (well I said actually)was, that in a smaller group, some people may find it easier to pray, rather than in a bigger group ie: at church.
So, we are going to meet once a month here!! I have to say that I was so glad that we decided to meet here, cos then I get to go! I also get to hear and speak French which is fantastic!
Today I went to the local post office, and the chap said "Je pense que vous avez un petit accent" mois je dit "non pas de tout" Then I told him that every time some one understands me, I have a little party!So then he said he understood me!Hooray!!!!
I start back at the DEFLE next week. I have to go on Friday to find out what class and get my timetable. I still hope that they keep me in IL6 where I was before, Alan has the hope that they will make the mistake of puttiing me in the premier degree, the next class up.
They do lots of writing in that class, so I really do NOT want to go there thankyou!!

No comments:
Post a Comment