Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 16, 2008

ok, so whose idea was this again??

well ok, it was mine..I thought it would be really nice if we could decorate Catrin's bedroom whilst she is away.(a nice pink colour)
The wall paper is ok, although the previous inhabitants must have continually moved posters around the walls, cos the are bits of paper missing, and holes everywhere!! so that's the main reason for re decorating, the other is that
just after we moved in, we had a disaster with the shower, which is above Catrin's room, water coming down her wall and lifting the paper..

So I thought it would be an easy thing, just remove the paper that got damaged by the water, and paint over the rest....hmm, easier said than done!I had to strip the paper off the wall by the door, then fill in all the holes, rub it down with sand paper, and then paint...I'm not tall enough to get right to the top by the beams, and had only a table to stand on, so we need a ladder!!

I think it'll be ok. I've painted one of the walls that has paper on, to see what happens..It may just be the main wall, where the water came down that needs stripping, if so then it'll be a lot quicker!

she comes home on Wednesday! will have to continue bright and early Monday morning, and all through the day (thought of night too, but well, the light isn't so good!)

Once it's done I want to draw a sort of wood scene on it, well one tree and a few animals..we have pictures that she likes, so I may be able to copy them (I can't draw free hand at all!! but can sometimes do a reasonable copy of things?!)

Do you ever wonder why you started somethings??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beams look like the ones in our kitchen, it's fiddly to paint the ceiling and the walls but even more fiddly to wall paper. Makes me thankful that my husband's tall, I was his assistant and ladder holder