Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 08, 2008

Shepherding in 19 century ..you what?

Ok so I've got myself involved in this spectacle, with my French class

"what did shepherds wear in 19 century England" I'm asked, so I spend hours on the computer trying and trying, searching and searching for the info...( I found that welsh farmers wore smocks, surely something underneath as well??!)

can I find anything? Na, but I know all about sheep farming in general, that there are two types, mountain and flat, and loads of different types...

"so what did sheep farmers do in 19 century" well, they had dogs (I made that bit up, not sure if they did really) and looked after their sheep I guess...

"what did the shepherds do once the sheep were rounded up by the dog"

went home for tea? haven't the foggiest..and all because I said I wanted to play the sheep...NOT THE SHEPHERD!!!!

So, my part...

To walk on the stage with some sheep (O I hope they're real ones!!) and a dog, or Alistair the other shepherd who incidently didn't turn up to class on Thurs...wonder why,

sit down and milk one (!!! do they milk sheep????????)

put the milk in to a big jug, and walk off....

I don't think we milked sheep in the UK, and don't now...do we?

So if anyone watches it and was a sheep farmer in 19 century, they're in for a shock..mind you so am I , don't think anyone from 19 century is still around

O what fun eh!

I suggested it should be a musical, I'd make a really good musical sheep, really..

1 comment:

joydriven said...

hilarious!