Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday service

took place in our house today..we were about 20 and we fitted in well..we could possibly fit a few more in . Next week about 4 people are away, so those who have come back from hols should fit in??!

Alan spoke on Ps86, about knowing that God is sovereign, present with us at all times, and governs everything for us..I managed to write it down in french;but the trouble with that is, I find myself going back over it, and trying to correct any mistakes, during the service! so therefore possibly missing things!! Not a good idea..

We sang one of my favourite hymns.."C'est Ton sang qui purifie'

The line 'je suis plus blanc, plus blanc que la neige' is incredible..because of the blood of Jesus Christ, I am whiter than snow..not cos of anything I have done, but because of His death, for me.

After the service, we had a BBQ. Everyone bought something to eat, and we spent the afternoon chatting and enjoying each others company.. The children went off to the park, we had enough bikes for them!! We have a bike mountain at the moment..but managed to give one away today!

Then this evening we were invited for a drink and nibbles with the neighbours..good to get to know them a bit better too.

One of the lads from church is staying here tonight, and Catrin has gone to stay with his sister..swap one for the other, works well.

No comments: