Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 29, 2008

Girlie night out

It's not very often I get the chance to go out in the evening, but tonight I went to the cinema with Liz to see "Mama Mia" Anyone who remembers those Abba hits must surely enjoy this!!!

We loved it, and it took all my effort to stay in my seat and not get up and dance around and sing at the top of my voice!
I bet they had a wonderful time making it,it looked such fun! The whole cast had really good voices (well, sorry Pierce, I know you did your best), and Julie Walters and the others were super!

We were very tempted to go dressed in our platform shoes and glittery hats, but, blow, I must have thrown them away.
There was no one in the car park afterwards, so we threw caution to the wind and bellowed out "Dancing Queen"

If you want a fun night out, go and see it!!

3 comments:

joydriven said...

yep--i went and saw it twice, both with girls (don't think it would be nearly so much fun with boys). from a writer's viewpoint, i didn't much care for the ending (at least the one point of what does NOT happen, the rest of the ending i liked). and yes, we came out singing all the greatest hits at the top of our lungs. interesting: some theaters in chicago are scheduling sing-along showings where you can go watch it in the theater AND everyone there will be singing along with the songs! wouldn't that be a hoot to watch/hear!??

Pat said...

If they held a sing-along here, i would go like a shot!!! it would be such fun

allotmentbore said...

It is such fun except that still no one sings or dances, except for the rowdy church goers who can always be relied on for a good time. Glad to hear that you managed to sing in the car park :)