Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 09, 2008

nothing exciting has happened

although that isn't strictly true of course.

Those of you who have been reading the Davey family blog will know that this Sunday we get into our new church building! and both the French & English services start, God willing, and we're all very excited about that!! Lots of folk have helped with cleaning the upstairs flat, and painting the main room. It opens up all sorts of possibilities...

I am reading" Le meurtre de Roger Acroyd"by Agatha Christie, and can honestly that it's the, first book I've read in French that I've actually enjoyed!! though I haven't read many!

No I don't understand every word but nearly all,and I understand the plot!

At French today, I didn't have many faults in written work, although in one of the excersises, the grammer was mostly ok, just that, as usual, I forgot to put the 's' when it was plural!!!

I think my tutour is a bit occupied with the new students..many of whom are very good at the written work, but not so good at conversation..lets me off a bit!!(I didn't mean that I'm brilliant at that either, jut that I am a bit better)

I've just started doing Christianity explored with Gwilym & Catrin...week 2

It's the shorter version, they don't really have the time to read the 3 chapters on their own, what with home work & stuff, so we read it together.

No comments: