It was a gorgeous day! And it was sooooo lovely to see every one again..I hadn't seen Val for about 2yrs, so it was really super..I got to stay in the best hotel in town..with Val!!
So the wedding took place on the Saturday (I arrived on Friday, and was met at the airport)
The sun shone all day..we had a lovely meal about 4pm ish (we"d had some nibbles before at Val's house!!!)
After the meal, the speeches as usual, and Liam excelled him self and had us all in stitches, holding up boards with "laugh now" "applause" or "talk amongst yourselves" He was very nervous but did really well.
Then came the evening disco...by which time I just felt like crawling in a corner and sleeping! It's the jet lag you know.
I was asked to dance by a very handsome young man, of 5yrs old, one of my great nephews, Kyan..I have to say I was very touched, but he didn't last long! I out danced him!!!
We had gone to the wedding by taxi, and it came to pick us up at the end of the evening around 12.15..
It had been a super day.
Sunday we all went back to the hotel where the reception had been, and had breakfast together..It was great to meet Marie's parents and chat to them a bit. They live in Paris.
Then back to Burgess Hill, I was taken on a remembrance tour! To the house where we were all bought up, and around the town to reminisce.
Finished off the evening by playing scrabble,I lost ..as usual.
Monday, I was taken around BHill again for a look around the town, and managed to do my shopping..marmite, gravy grans. tuna pasta bake mix and cadbury's choc!

No comments:
Post a Comment