Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 12, 2008

new premisis

Well, we moved in today! and I can't believe that I left my camera at home! So no photo's for the blog this week.

We seemed to be full, we had a number of folks from Blaye, which made quite a difference.

It's just great to have our own place at last.

The first international service was this evening, and we had a visitor. A Chinese gentleman who is here with his daughter who is at university, and if she settles well, and he likes it here he will bring the rest of his family over.
He has been looking for either a Chinese or English church! He seems very keen and wants to come to the home group next week. So that was very encouraging.
He found us via the French bible book shop!

We sang some great hymns; Crown Him with many Crowns, Just as I am,This earth belongs to God; All heaven declares and Only by grace can I enter.

Only by grace can I enter,
only by grace can I come
not by my human endeavour
but by the blood of the Lamb

We sing them all at our French service, but it's Oh so good to sing them in English!
Alan preached from Luke 15 The prodigal son.

It was great to have an evening meeting again....a great way to finish the Lord's day.

Now I have to read a chapter of a book 'Portraits de Femme' for the ladies meeting and guess which lady we start with? The one we find in Proverbs 31...need I say more. Thankfully they are only short chapters with questions at the end to make you think.
This is for the ladies meeting that starts Friday, and we all have a copy, so we can all discuss..

I read it this evening, but need to re read it to make sure I understood it.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to see a Muslim friend. She wants to learn to knit a bear..she has seen one that I made and loved it, so wants me to show her how it's done

I've been to her flat several times and she is very hospitable. We get on well, and it's a great time together.

No comments: