Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The wonders of the french language

Near us at the cross roads, is an electronic sign, which has wonderful bits of information flashing across it for one to read, while you wait for the lights to change.
Good things, like the number to phone if you're poisoned (or someone else for that matter, I suppose you might not be in the condition to make the call yourself) or the number to ring for the ambulance etc, so very useful things;.(one of the things I had been asking is which no. to ring in an emergency 15 or 18.. and saw on the board that's it's 15, 18 is for the fire brigade)

Anyway, I was waiting by the lights, and am convinced that they have got on it today, how to recycle your children..take them to the pharmacy! amazing!

Do they come back clean and smelling of anti septic?

It says something like 'sauve vos enfants, recyclage a la pharmacy' Well that's what I think it says..

It gives support numbers for families in crisis, women who are being abused etc, so can be a very helpful thing.

There is also one that at first glance seems to be telling you to go and live with someone with Alzheimers disease, but actually it gives a very useful phone number for those who do, and need support. 'Vivre avec un malad de Alzheimers' I suppose if it had a question mark after, I would understand better( ok maybe not)

Of course 'Vivre' is the full verb 'to live' so I guess I've answered my own question...

No comments: