This morning I thought I had better get down to re writing my French homework so it looked proper!! So I trundled over to the cupboard where all the school books are kept along with the cartridges for pens..what did I see
..drip..drip..drip..
The big pot of glue was on it's side, and all the glue was slowly exiting the pot, & dripping all over the kids school books!
Thankfully most of their books are covered in plastic, so no damage was done, except for one of Catrin's..I think it's her history/geography excercise book..some of the last pages are rather glued together,but she hasn't written on them..so she may need a new one..still at least it's only another 3 weeks of school!Catrin is away over night with the school..somewhere where they can do canoing swimming etc..
So after about 1/2hr 45mins of moping & scraping glue back in to the pot, I got on with my homework..
Marie Anne tells me I should go regularly again,cos my French has lots of faults (tell me something I don't know!)
I wondered how long it would take her to get round to saying that!I have only been going once a week, cos I meet with someone from church, & we read & pray together..It's all in French too, so that has to be good!!
Still, she did then go on to say I speak well, with faults! I think it's that I may be easily understood, cos we have a Chinese girl who is just beginning, & the words are very difficult for a Chinese person to pronounce..a girl from Mexico I think, again she is brilliant at French, writing etc, but her accent gets in the way of her pronounciation..me , well French is more like English than Chinese or so,tho I'm not brill I think I can understand what she means..
I have a lovely picture of two polar bears, mummy & baby snoozing in the sun..Marie Anne wants me to write something..silly..any ideas anyone??? The sillier the better!

No comments:
Post a Comment