Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 07, 2010

just a few reflections

Today my beloved told me he thought my personality had changed! (I'm at that certain 'time of life' or there abouts) My first reaction,what? when? Nah, it must be you..

On reflection when I look back over the past month (or so) I realise that he is right..I have become more crabby & impatient (never was THAT patient anyway) but have found myself becoming irritated by the kids when they are just ragging each other..& other stuff too.
So inspite of not really liking being told that I'm a bit more crabby, it's been very useful..

Have spent the day in the garden, weeding strimming etc, and been thinking hard..

Is it possible to control your mood swings?

The bible tells us in James 1 v 19 "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires"

Years ago, HRT didn't exsist, so how did the ladies cope? God has given us doctors & scientist who have discovered wonderful things (some not so wonderful) & so if you need medication of course you should take it (I take thyroxine already) We can't control all our hormones so medication has been designed to do the work..

But I guess not everyone needs to take it if they don't have all the symptoms that cause distress, & so in that case, is it possible to just stop, think before reacting to something?

The bible says it is, with God's help. Something to pray about daily...

So as I say, it's been a very useful time of reflection..
if anyone has any thoughts on this it would be great to hear!

No comments: