Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Alpha

Yesterday evening was the commencement of the Alpha course. Folks met at church, to then be taken to our new friend Harriet's house..She is with us for 3yrs as a youth worker, & lives wonderfully close to the church..so because we still have no toilet, no heating, no kitchen in the church, we used her house.

I went to collect Elena so that the two of us could prepare the food for the evening..it was great cos the three (well four really cos Samuel a stagier was there too, & he's the one behind the course) spent the whole afternoon together, talking & sorting out the room & grub. Wonderful to speak French all afternoon & evening.

We had an apero, then the main meal, an introduction to the course by Samuel, then Dik spoke on
" Is christianity boring & outdated "& one other thing what I've forgotten...

The actual chat started about 9pm, a bit later than hoped! Well they do like their food & chat ( a very important part of socialising) and finished after 10pm.

We were 10 altogether , one visitor who comes to church from time to time, & likes to be involved with the other stuff that goes on, English classes, other student stuff, tho he isn't a student himself..It was great to see him & he seems very keen to come so please pray for B.

Catrin was there as was another youngster, the daughter of Cécile who I visit Thurs afternoons..Gwilym decided he was too tired but may come next week when we get to the nitty gritty of who Jesus is....

Today is a quiet day for me at least! So I was up around 10am! But boy I was so tired yesterday, so needed the sleep!

Catrin & I hope to start tackling her dress what we are making, we got the material last week with Marje, who has been unable to come & get it started, so having done this sort of thing before (many years ago it has to be said) I reckon we should have a go together!

No comments: