Well, it's been ages since my last blog! I expect all my readers have disappeared by now!! Still, I'll go for it anyway!!
I started work at the Christian book shop in town two weeks ago, volunteer Thur mornings 10-12.
At the mo it's just training with (I think) the idea of giving the two folks who run it, and day off..I will be working with Hetty, our pastor's wife, which is great cos I think we get on well, & she's very patient with me & all my faults!
One thing so far that is a real challenge, it the fact that we have to calculate the change to be given rather than the 'til' doing it..in fact it isn't a til anymore, it's a computerised one!! Why is doesn't calculate though is beyond me..I thought computers could do anything!
Anyway, it takes me back to the time I did weekend work in a bakers shop when I was in school!! we had to calculate in our heads then.. cos of course they didn't have a til whot did it for you (maybe they weren't invented then)which of course is really good for you & for the brain now as it gets older!
However..this time of course, it's in French!! So I'm ok til I get to 80 'quatre vingt' (4 lots of 20)
Then of course it gets more complicated, 90 is then quatre vingt onze
91 quatre vbignt douze trieze etc
I think I'm getting it but counting quickly in your head, when someone has just bought something for 10.75euro & gives you 20 yeah ok you maths freaks, but it takes me ages to work it out, out loud & in French..
Please folks a bit of sympathy here!
They gave me an envelope of small change to play with at home..also have started doing the brain age game on Catrin's DS!
There may be hope that the bookshop won't go bankrupt cos I've given away too much change!
Also have been on Rosemary Conely hip & thigh diet for a week..lost 2kg! Thankyou!!

No comments:
Post a Comment