Alan comes back this evening from Lyon, he is on the 'plane even as I type! It's been an ok few days (tho always glad when we're all together!)
Been back to the Kiné, number 6..My back has been aching quite a bit this week, a general ache all over from shoulders to the base..my shoulder muscles continue to be hard! & he's working very hard on them..there are trigger points that when he works on a particular spot, I can feel the soreness in the lower part of my back..still I'm sure it'll continue to improve over the next few weeks, I just have to remember not to bend over but use the knees!!
I suppose one of the things I have always found hardest about being in France is not working..having been nursing with Cancer patients, suddenly not, is something to get used to..& then there's the whole "missionary" thing.
My idea of a missionary has always been someone who works out in the middle of the jungle or somewhere really poverty stricken..having a really hard life, but sweating it out for the glory of God..weird what one thinks isn't it!
France isn't in the middle of the jungle, not poverty stricken physically, but very poverty stricken spiritually!!
However..we're all missionaries aren't we, where ever we are we are all here to live out our lives before God, to spread the hope of His kingdom to those who live around us..
I suppose it's the "doing" thing..what am I doing? Sometimes I feel as if I don't do anything & then what are my motives for wanting to do something? "
I need to do something...so that others will realise I'm not wasting my time here, that I am being useful,
why? so people can pat me on the back?
Of course it isn't what other people think that counts, & we also have to look at our motives..it's amazing how bad motives can creep in to everything!
My darling daughter pointed out to me the parable of the poor widow..all the other folks were giving their millions , she only had one coin, & it was all she had, she put it in the offering box..
It's not how much we do, but our motives for doing perhaps just one thing..to please our Saviour & not worry about others..Giving just a cup of cold water to a believer is noticed by God.
So what am I going to do with myself? Give it to God, look after my family, make sure I don't do anything stupid so my back goes again, & work in the book shop each Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment