Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 03, 2012

I do not like the new blogger dashboard, sorry folks, but I prefered the old style..

Anyway; whilst Alan is in the UK for two weeks, we've decided to hold the International Service at our house..so that if no one turns up at church, then we haven't wasted our time opening up, & also sometimes folks from the street come in for a coffee no problem but me on my own with the kids, well, one has to be wise.

So this evening we were 13. We had food together & a great ambiance all round..with coffee we sat & listened to Stuart Olyott  (you can find lots of sermons on this web site by many preachers) on relationships and; submission..It was very thought provoking and got everyone talking..even the youngsters joined in, saying how hard it is at collége, when you do what your told, it doesn't go down very well with the other students! That's how it is in the world, everyone wants to have their say, & must have their say, & everyone else has to listen..but it's like that in the church too, & the message tonight was, that we can be unburdened from the need to be right! It's so true isn't it, that we feel we have to have our say, & if you don't listen to me then watch it!!
Submission is letting go of this "need".. being free to submit..It's quite liberating ..I have certain problems with stuff that I'm 'in charge of at church..& find myself getting cross cos people are not listening! Well, so what..maybe I should ask others what they think instead of imposing my ideas on them!

Jesus submitted himself to death on the cross, he humbled himself, even washed his disciples feet...

It's a lesson we all need to learn! Imagine if we all submitted to one another out of reverance for Christ!

No comments: