Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 28, 2008

je suis une Berger

This afternoon, we had our first rehearsal for the "Spectacle" we're doing with our French class..

I arrived at 15.30 as told, and everyone was already there!! I'm sure she said 'quinze heur trente"or maybe it was "quatorze heur trente"

Still, I went...

So, I am now an Australian shepherd (thanks to Alistair my colleague, who will not be there on the day!!! though why that should make me an Australian shepherd I just don't know!)

My role? I have to walk on the stage following the other "Australian" shepherd (he is French!) and just 'sort' out the sheep's wool, and put it in to 3 different sacks..

So one might ask what does this do for my French conversation? Not a lot really, as I don't have to say any thing at all, in fact I don't think any of us do..

Two women originally from Africa, show how they collect water today (the idea being that we are showing how things have changed since the 19th century, after having visited a place in the forest, inhabited during this time you may recall!) and they speak their own dialect...

It is very interesting, particularly as the water collecting in the S.African village these ladies come from, hasn't changed a lot since then..

I'm sure it'll be fun too really, though if I'm honest I feel the afternoon would be better spent doing something else!

Still, it's a bit of comradeship too eh!

My only hope is that I get to play with real live sheep, that would make up for every thing!

No comments: