This weekend Catrin has a friend from church staying..yesterday evening was a "High school musical" evening..they couldn't start with no.1 cos the DVD doesn't have french, however the others do, and Colleen has no.3...so they watched 2&3 which finally finished about 1am!!
I gave up about 12.30 and just left 'em to it! They were up bright as buttons this morning so I took them to the local swimming pool for around 3hrs!
This afternoon we are invited to celebrate another friend's 25 wedding anniversary. It is a gouté followed by a BBQ at 7.30, and they live quite a way out..so it could be another late night.
This afternoon, I got to look after our neighbours two children while mum went to collect grand- ma from the station..with the wonderful help of Catrin & co. The baby is only 3months old and the little boy is 3..they are so cute, and when they woke up from their afternoon nap, and mum wasn't there, it wasn't a problem! which is just great, cos I'm looking after the baby on Monday, while mum takes my two and her lad to the beach..
The sad thing is that dad has just left...so it's really hard for her with two little ones to care for on her own...I'm looking forward to lots of cuddles & stuff with baby though I wish it were in better circumstances.
later; Well, we went to the gouté which was super, lots of folks there, not many we knew, but lots of family..Everyone started to leave around 6.30...what do we do? Did we misunderstand the invitation..is it that we don't really understand French etiquette?
So we decided to leave as well, which was fine, cos of course Alan has to preach twice tomorrow, and we are also invited to lunch with the family of the girl who is staying with us at the mo, so when we said good bye, we were asked "are you not staying for the BBQ" (it was then we learned that yes, we were ok to stay!) we felt it was good to go anyway..early night for all.

No comments:
Post a Comment