Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Busy weekend

These two weeks that Alan has been away have been quite busy, which has been great cos I've been occupied and the time has gone fast..

Yesterday evening we had the International Church meeting at the Griffin home..BBQ and Bible study. Matthew 11:25-30 Rest for the weary. We talked about not worrying, and the fact that Jesus takes our burdens upon himself..

"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light"

There was a good number there, and some folks who had been away had finally returned, so we felt complete once more!
Two friends from Deeside our home church came to visit us for the day. It was so good to see them. They came for lunch then came to the Bible study after, then back home for a cuppa before they went to their B&B..It's always good to see folks from the UK!!!

Today we had our French service at Blaye in the Chateau Segonzac.Matthew 13:44-46, and after we all had a meal together. Spaghetti bolognese..It worked quite well, everyone bought a starter (salad) and a dessert, and the spag bol was supplied by Blaye...

One of the Blaye ladies phoned me this morning to ask if I had any plastic knives & forks, and I was reminded by Liz (after I phoned her to see if, like me, she could take any metal knives just in case) that there were some at Cenon. Some of us were meeting there to pick up anyone who didn't have a car, so I was able to go and get them from the kitchen..I had all my metal ones with me too..

Guess what I left behind in Blaye..Yep, all, and I repeat ALL of my forks! So it's finger food for the week.
I phoned Thomas the owner of the Chateaux and I think he said he would bring them to Cenon on Sunday next!

Alan comes home on Thursday!! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh and one of our baby piggies who had found a home has to return, cos the lady has found out that she is allergic! I really must go to a pet shop this week to see if they can take any, we will now have 4 to find homes for! O I love them all, but well, you just can't keep everyone can you!

No comments: