that just seems to get worse?
Well thankfully nothing really bad has happened, but :
Gwilym off school with a grotty cold, spent the day up in his room, wrapped up in woolly hat, stripey socks of various colours (a dare at camp apparently!) watching DVD's on his computor..emerging from time to time to use the facilities & drink tea,
Catrin still suffering from tummy ache..spent the day on the sofa watching DVD's on the tv
Me, undoing AGAIN my knitting..trying to knit a baby blanket, such a simple pattern a guinea pig could do it with it's eyes closed..perhaps I should pretend to be a guinea pig?
This evening, invited to Cenon where the English patient and the Hitchhiker are staying whilst working with Fiona at FAC. Phone call from Liz G "rocard completely block 'ard"They went home cos the kids had had enough (don't blame them!) Ben braved the rocade and came back after taking them home...
S'ok thinks I, I'll go through Pessac avoiding the ring road..ah yes, but you cannot go the wrong way down a one way street..can you!
So we end up at Victoire, where next, what do I do?? where do I go now? Head for Gare St Jean (yes you wally it's not far from the church!) or go towards Talence & Villenave..Well I recognise those names, absolutely no where near Cenon but in for a penny in for a euro..and anyway, I've just driven through the middle of Bordeaux, and not crashed! So anywhere familiar has got to be good for the nerves.
So head for Villenave, hmm, not really where I want to go..Head for the rocade then! So I do, and we end up on the rocade which we were trying to avoid in the first place! A bit of traffic , but it moved all the way..
How late were we? Well we left about 6.20, arrived around 7.15 A 20 minuite journey that took virtually an hour..would have been better off going on the rocade straight away..or staying at home
Food & company were good though, so it really was worth it!
On top of all that, I've been trying to phone people with the remote control! I've definately lost the plot haven't I..come home Alan all is forgiven!
O and another thing.. I tried to put journeys on Catrin's tram card yesterday, and the machine refused my bankers card, twice..Arrrrrgggghhhhh not again!
Last time when Alan went to the uk I couldn't get any money out..here if you go over drawn, they stop your cheques for 5 years..so you can imagine how worried I was. Phoned Alan, who had got petrol & used his, but then got it refused at a shop..( last time he'd had to transfer some savings from a British account to our French account..)
But I phoned the Bank & all is well..it was just the machine! phew!
Oh yes and I've decided to go back to my old french class in Saige..glutton for punishment or what. I went to look at the new one nearer here, but there is only one class and all levels are in it..so I'm not sure it'll give the kick I need..and I know my teacher at Saige will!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment