I cleaned the house from top to toe this morning..kitchen, bathroom main room..just didn't get upstairs. We have another visitor staying for the week (that makes two with Liz)
Took me all morning, so after lunch I had a well earned rest in the garden with Agatha Christie, and the guinea pigs lolloping around the paddock.
It's a brilliant invention by our friend Mark who stayed here with his wife Pam, & Liz over the summer..just using the planks of wood that used to be shelves...trouble is one of them is not as high, so Tom being the adventurous one, soon realised & managed to jump over, heading full pelt to the girls enclosure (they weren't even bothered!)
Thankfully I managed to intervene by diving from my chair & grabbed him before he lept over the other plank! much to his annoyance,but he kept trying!
I craftily swapped one of the girls planks (deeper or so I thought & impossible for a piggie to traverse!) when he wasn't looking, but being determined he wanted to try again..but although he stood on his back legs he didn't manage..no doubt next time he'll take a running jump!
Our new visitor,Donerse has been with us for several years, & has been a real blessing, faithful & courageous!
She's off to Spain to continue her studies, & hopefully will return to Bordeaux next year..
Both her & Liz will really be missed! They are both super characters & will be a real loss to the Church & student work...
Meanwhile, this morning Alan & Gwilym went on the bus to hunt for Gwilym's new lycée which he starts in September..seemed to be easy enough, though took about 50mins..so depending on what time he starts, it may well be early mornings all year arggghhhh!!!
He is staying overnight with his good friend Pierre..
Catrin bought a card making book in the Uk & has been trying it out thisafternoon..with good results!

No comments:
Post a Comment