I'm making a lace pattern shawl
row 1; k1,*(yo, slip1,k1,psso) twice, k1, (k2tog, yo) twice, k1; repeat from* across.
row 2; purl
row 3; k2,*yo, slip1, psso, yo, slip1, k2tog, psso, yo, k2tog, yo, k3; rep from * to last 9 sts; yo, slip1, k1, psso, yo, slip1, k2tog, psso, yo, k2tog, yo, k2
row 4 purl
Ok for all you knitters out there (those that don't knit can give up on this one)
Two rows of pattern & 1 of knit,1 of purl..therefore really only 2 rows of pattern..so easy you could do it with your eyes closed..except not!!
I have unpicked this more times than I've had hot dinners!! It's only 61 stitches, but have only ever got as far as the second lot of pattern ie done 8 rows altogether..
check no. of stitches..only 60..undo last two rows.. still only 60, must have made a mistake in row 2..undo the lot & start again..
get to row 4 again, count stitches, only got 60..undo last two rows, still only 60..must be a mistake in the first row..undo the lot..get the picture???
What is it you may ask, well I think it's that I forget to yo (that it put the yarn forward over the right hand needle, so making another stitch, which you then get rid of elsewhere along the row)
I could be here til my 61st birthday at this rate..but am I giving up??
Nah, not yet!!

No comments:
Post a Comment