
..our Chinese friends celebrated New Year..this year it's year of the rabbit.

The festivities began at about 10.30 though of course many were there before hand getting food prepared..they had prepared for about 100. I think there were about 80 youngsters there? though they didn't all stay for the food, but many probably heard the gospel for the first time!

I love this one of Andy, tho it's fuzzy it just shows him rushing around getting some food organised for when people arrived, and for all the folks that were taking part. So this was int he main room, and downstairs there were lots of ladies making other food stuffs, especially dumplings!! which were very popular..as soon as they were ready & put on a plate, they were gone!!

They used this celebration to spread the good news of Jesus Christ..they gave away small tracts & book marks with verses of scripture..They invited the Chinese pastor from Paris to come & preach, of course I didn't understand..but one of the girls helped me by translating into French..
There are other pictures on facebook if you're interested...
No comments:
Post a Comment