Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Have surprised myself by cycling in to Bordeaux & back yesterday! Yes! I did! ok not in to the centre, but on the outskirts, & it was Bordeaux, cos I passed the sign! It was easier on the way in, cos mostly down hill..so several stops on the way back , but hey, I wasn't timing myself!

Went swimming with a good friend this morning..2euros 60 if you live in the area..this includes the swimming pools (inside & out, one with a wave machine..not open til the summer) A hamam..which I have to say I thought was a religious leader! Why is she taking me to see a Hamam I thought..turns out it's a steam room... VERY hot & VERY steamy! & also a sauna! All for one price..now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were in the UK, they would charge extra for these things?

What a treat..I managed 6 lengths, the 1st one without stopping, but of course the others I had to stop. I like to swim near the edge so that if I get out of breath then I have something to grab on to ..I'm not brave enough to go in to the middle of the pool..so of course if there are kids or others by the side, jumping in or just hanging around there, I have to stop to wait for them to go!

Still it was really great! I f I do this every week who knows where it'll lead..not the olympics I'm sure!

No comments: