Today has been a really lovely day, the sun has been shining the sky is blue , there's not a cloud to spoil the view...sorry, carried away.
Anyway, it was ladies meeting at church this morning, and I had hoped to be there earlyish to put the heaters on in the small room..however Hetty got there with her hubby Dik (pastor and wife) and had already sorted it out.
We have been looking at finding Christ in the Old Testament (my idea, thankyou folks!) and we looked at Moses, a type of Christ..? the similarities & the contrasts
It was really interesting to compare him with Jesus, how God chose him to rescue the Israelites from captivity, & how he led them throught the desert, into the promised land
How God sent his only Son, to lead his people out of captivity into the promised land.
How Moses left the palace where he lived, & suffered scorn & hatred
How Jesus left the palace where he lived & suffered scorn & hatred & death
I had to give a little talk on how Jesus was different to Moses.
Moses was just a man, who sinned, who killed a man, who got sooo impatient with the Israelites & so was forbidden to go into the promised land, though he saw it from afar..
Jesus being fully man, fully God, still leading his people, who deserve his anger & impatience, yet is sooo patient with us, who healed rather than killed, & never sinned
It was really interesting to compare the miracles that Moses did, with the power that God gave him, & the miracles that Jesus did with the power he had, because he is God
After the meeting I decided that a good long walk would do me good, so I didn't get on the tram, but walked several tram stops further, then thought I would have a go at trying one of the bikes that are stationed at the tram stops. I thought it a bit complicated to do, but had a go.
.you have to decide how long you want the bike, 24hs or longer (the 24hrs doesn't mean you have to have it for the whole 24)
Then you have to agree with the conditions of use, all of this on the machine panel, giving the instuctions as you go.
then you have to think up a secret password
insert your bankers card to register, where they tell you that if you don't return bike in the time limit you're charged 200 euros
You have to put in your mobile phone no. & they send you a 6 digit code that you use each time you use a bike
Well, I tell you I got myself in a right old pickle! I did most of the stuff, but when they came to give me the 6 digit code, I looked for a pen in my bag to write it down (having missed the bit about the mobile phone no.) but by the time I'd found a pen, the code had gone.
So I was panicking a bit, cos I thought 'if I don't get this bike back, I'll have to pay 200 euros'..ok, but I hadn't even taken a bike!! They are locked in such a way,so that it registers on the instruction panel, that someone has taken a bike & the instruction panel,shows you the jumber of each individual bike, and you chose one..well of course I hadn't done any of this! Hadn't put my mobile no. in either
Anyway, several girls came along, so I grabbed them to find out how on earth I was supposed to do now! One of the girls tried to help & they were all a bit worried about the 200euros
Still with me on this?.. eventually another girl came along who was about to take a bike, so I asked her & she kindly showed me what she did, & then watched me do it! People are so nice!
She reassured me that I wouldn't lose the 200euros, cos I hadn't taken a bike, it hadn't registered at all, phew!!
So I took a bike & had a lovely ride, they are very light to ride, but very heavy to push...no chains to worry about, and they come with a lovely basket and a lock which they also give you the code to..
So something I may well do again sometime.. tho to go through all that palava again will probably give me a massive headache!!
I'm going to aim to cycle in to Bordeaux sometime..it's getting easier the more I cycle..tho I don't think I'll go in for a marathon or anything like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment