You can tell that autumn is on the way..it's chilly in the mornings & gets a lot warmer in the afternoon, so you have to change half way through the day..It's been raining or rather drizzling all day today.
Catrin seems to have settled well in her new year at collége, new teachers for most of the lessons, & all nice so far.Gwilym has only done one day, he's back in full swing tomorrow!
Have been getting ready for Sunday school..It's me & Catrin & we're starting a series on Creation. So we get to do the exciting bits of how God created the world!
We're meeting at Segonzac this Sunday, it's the rentrée of the church too..It's such a big thing this rentrée, it affects everything!
So we're eating together after the service, then everyone is giving reports on church activities & stuff. I have to give a talk on a project we'd like to do in October or Feb..with youngsters around the church. Harriette our wonderful youth worker is itching to get things going, but has to get in touch with the local schools, & other youth groups in the area. We thought it would be a good thing to open the church up one or two afternoons during the half term, & do games with them..we have several sorts, or there is football too..just to get ourselves known, hopefully with a bible story or some sort of message. I've got to try and enthuse folks to help (that should be fun! we're not very fast in coming forward!!) If we don't get helpers then we can't do it..please pray that some of the guys who say youth work isn't there "thing" would be inspired to get involved!!
I've been trying to sort the house out a bit after having people stay..we've decided that we won't do that again..after all we're a family home, not- a free hostel!! So I've zoomed around the kitchen like the white tornado today! One more cupboard to do, & it's the one with all the tupperware in..so I'll be knocked over by bottles & plastic boxes when I get to that one!!

No comments:
Post a Comment