Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 02, 2011

La rentrée

Well Catrin's collége has gone back today..most of them go back after the weekend.So she has her time table which looks like this

lundi 8.50_16.55

mardi 8.25-16.30

mercredi 8.50-11.35
jeudi 9.15-17.20

vendredi 8h-17.20 (lunch break 11.35 - 13.45)

Only up early on friday, but then she won't finish til 17.30 which is quite late.

So, this year will see her doing her brevet, the equivalent of gcse..

The teacher started by asking them what they intended to do with their lives...they're 14!!!
No pressure of course! the more sensitive students now think they have to make up their minds what they want to do for the rest of their lives, & panic...I think I was about 17 when I knew I wanted to go in to nursing..so come on folks give it a rest, they have enough pressure to cope with already!

Both our two want to go back to the UK for university..Catrin feels very at home in the UK, especially with the Christian scene..It's hard here as there are very few Christians her age..yes I know there aren't many in the UK, but believe me here it's far worse! So I think this is one of the things that is influencing their thinking..apart from the fact that Gwilym wants to go to Bible college.

So I guess we'll have to look in to the Uni scene in the uk in some years to come, & how our two will be accepted.They have British nationality anyway, so surely not a problem?

Had a meeting about the Sunday school this afternoon, which will start on 11 September. I find myself volunteering for things, simply because the question is asked, 'who would like to do this' No one is very keen it seems to me, to volunteer! so muggins does it. I volunteered the other day to talk at the rentrée meeting for the church, about a project we're thinking of doing with children's work, cos no one else was very quick on the mark! Ah well

No comments: