Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2011

so the madness begins

During the week we had heavy rain..VERY heavy, we're making up for the rain we didn't have in the summer! Where does it all come from? Strong winds too, though not as strong as a few years ago,when our neighbour's fence blew away, we lost tiles & a house around the corner lost ALL their tiles..however Gwilym stayed home..I was a bit concerned about the buses not going & coming home again.

During the week I requested that Catrin didn't do sport because of abdominal pain..the teacher completely igonored the letter & made her do it "you've got to live with it for the rest of your life" ..makes you mad as you can imagine. If she'd fainted (she's come close) then what would have happened..perhaps we could have sued her? Anyway Alan has written a very strong worded letter to the headmistress, the teacher involved & another..we wait to see what they say..I tell you I was not happy either!

This morning was a practise at church for our fête de noël..the ladies group are singing..I'd said I wouldn't do it, we were so flat the other time!!!!! Ah well, at least this time we're having a pianist that just might keep us on the right notes!
Catrin had been staying overnight at a friends, so I had to go & collect her first, then take both Gwilym & her to church so they could go to Harriettes & go to Lampadaire..I was of course late, as I went to buy flour on the way (Gwilym doesn't like sunflower seeds, so needed to get some plain)
Got home, chucked my breakfast down my throat & zoomed off to warble the alto part. µ
Then left to go see Alan playing his trombone in the centre of Bordeaux, & got there in time..to see them packing up! I was sure Alan said 12h, but infact it was 11.30! Drives you nuts eh!

So, back to the church to pick up the car, to see that the folks still hadn't left for club! Ah well, glad it wasn't my responsibility!

Alan is soon off to the Chinese groups Christmas bash at the church. It's great that they've started meeting there now.

Tomorrow:
am doing craft for the Sunday school group, then helping them to try on their costumes for the spectacle in the afternoon which starts at 15h, so we're eating at church.

Monday:
Getting to the church for 9.45 to set up, have time of prayer for our first ever children's club "Bonne Nouvelle" which we're running for two afternoons from 15h-17h. It'll mean registering the children getting names & addressess, phone numbers. Someone making tickets with their names on so we can get to know them a bit, then setting up the tables for the crafts..sorting out the decorations to jolly up the room.

They'll be games, songs, crafts, marrionnettes, story of Christmas..We have no idea how many children to expect, but are catering for 20..

Tuesday:
Staring at 12.45 with last instructions..the room will have been left as it was so at least we won't have to prepare the tables again.

It's a great opportunity to get to know the folks around the church a bit, & to work together with the kids of our church & others..good for building fellowship!

No comments: