Ok, so I talked to the mum of boy who was menacing Catrin & thankfully she was very easy to talk to, though she didn't understand why her son would do such a thing.. we'll see how it goes. Catrin has been moved to a different seat anyway, in fact I think all the students were.
Today I had my first official meeting as Parent/teacher correspondant. I sat through the reports of all the students in Catrin's class (had to go out when they talked about her, although they did say she was a good serious student, although needed to participate a bit more in some subjects!)
I had to write down what ever I could, on sheets of prepared paper, they will be for me to consult if a parent should phone me..hopefully they won't, as I don't think any of the parents know me! I went to another meeting at the school on Monday morning & came home after half an hour. I went in, said hallo to folks, had a cup of coffee, & sat twiddling my thumbs whilst everyone ignored me: I probably should have made more effort actually, & going home probably wasn't very good, but no one noticed.
Catrin has her brevet blanc this week, not the official exams we don't think although it seems that they do actually count for the official ones next year..I dunno it's all change. So she had Monday off to revise, then yesterday it was languages. Day off today, & tomorrow it's History or geography..she can choose which one to do, she likes history. Last one on Friday.
Alan is off to Nimes tomorrow til Friday. He went last year, except he didn't get there cos of train strikes. Well they predicted another strike this week, however they have called it off.Which will be better as it'll take around 5hs to drive..
I'm in the book shop tomorrow! Boy it comes around fast. We"ve been making paper chains & putting up the Christmas decorations in between revision..Catrin's desperate to get the tree! Ah the kid never goes out of you does it even though one grows up.

No comments:
Post a Comment