As usual I've left a gap between blogs, so now catching up..not that a lot has happened.
Following up from last time though, I tried to phone the parent of the lad who was being mechant with Catrin, but had the wrong number & email address..I used to meet up with her to speak English & French, so got to know her a bit.
Today Catrin had English class again, same lad sitting behind her, called her names again so this time I looked on the internet Page Blanche & got their number..just waiting for them to call back..If not then I shall go in to the school & talk to someone about it...
Next Wednesday is my first meeting as parent/student correspondant..I had to deliver some letters to the school myself as Catrin was off for one day last week..I took amazing pleasure in being able to say " Je suis le parent correspondante pour 3em jéremie" Although I still have plenty of time to regret it!! Yesterday I managed to tell Gwilym's lycée (when phoning to say he was malade) that he's in 2eme (it's seconde) vent et commerce (wind & commerce!) ah well you win some you lose some!
So on Wednesday next, I meet with Catrin's teacher to talk about a survey that was sent out to each of the students, about the collége: food, ambiance, homework etc..I've looked at all the info & gathered it together in a more easily understandable format (ooooh big words!) So it'll be interesting to see if I've done it right!
This evening Peter Nye arrived from Swindon to do a reki of the church for a group he heads up called Operation Centurion..It's a group of folks who take time to visit other countries to work on buildings, reconstruction, building for the local church group. So he's come to see what needs doing.
He bought lots of goodies!! 800 pg tips, cadbury choc, loads & loads of gravy grans, mince meat so we can treat the french to mince pies..& marmite: It's a wonder he had any room for anything else..I felt a bit guilty asking him to bring all this stuff..but it's wonderfoool!
My French teacher Marie-Anne phoned, a voice from the past! It was fun to talk to her..I hope to pop in to the class on Thursday! That'll be fun! J'étais trés contente d'entendre la voix de mon prof de Francaise ce soir..ca fait long temps! J'espére de venir au cours jeudi aprés midi pour voir les autres étudiants

No comments:
Post a Comment