Well, the weather has changed somewhat, but hey, it's November.
We have things to think about in the Davey household lately..those of you who have been reading Alan's blog will know that we have been asked to go to Grenoble to Pastor a church there...me thinking that Grenoble was in Russia ..silly billy, that's Chernoble, & a friend thinking that it's in Scotland, hmm, dunno
Anyway, we've all been for a visit & spent a lovely weekend with David Vaughn & family..being shared around members of the church! It was a very busy weekend.;we were too well fed, but got to meet a good number of the folks there.
For me it was a bit like coming home! I loved being amongst the folks there..but did we come to France to be comfortable? We're we called here so that we could feel at home? Things haven't been that easy here in Bordeaux, so to go there was a breath of fresh air.
Now, we have been told that they would want to see us several times before they or us, make the final decision..very wise!
We'd put it to the kids about going & were very surprised by their reaction..after Alan's first visit he wasn't convinced, after the second he's become more positive to the idea.
For me it's different..Alan's ministry here includes preaching & student work..giving English lessons, doing bible studies in a cafe, & so on.A lot of things to give up?
In the church in Grenoble there are students, though to work on the university campus you'd have to belong to one of the other churches..who seem to have the monopoly there..having said that, there is always student work in other forms
For me, I visit one or two of the ladies in the church, help out in the Maison de la Bible..so am easily moved as it were.
The youngens would have to change schools (for Gwilym that would be the 4th time I think..he seems to be very adaptable tho)
There aren't many kids their age there, though two girls Catrin's age which would be good for her. Gwilym I could see slotting in easily with the students.
So, we wait to hear from them again, & go over just me & Alan next time..
Moving to France seemed so easy & clear cut..house sold within a week, another one found here within 3days, I wonder if it'll be as clear for us this time round?
I read a great book on knowing God's guidance "Step by Step" James C.Petty "Seeking God's will ..involves us in a lifelong quest to grow in wisdom as we seek to honour & glorify God in the decisions we make. Seek wisdom from God in believing prayer & cultivate it as a primary life goal. We do this so that we might walk worthy of the Lord in every way & bear fruit in every good work Col 1:9-10"
What I like about this book is that it is practical as is the Bible of course, & doesn't rely on "feelings" as so often our feelings let us down! 'if it feels right, do it!' hmm
I think I must re read this book!

No comments:
Post a Comment