What should one's reaction be, when one's daughter, trying to hold back the tears, tells you a lad in her class has told her she's fat...not for the first time.
Catrin is at that age where girls think a lot about their image..start wearing make-up etc like to buy cool clothes... very sensitive about themselves..
Smack him one, tell him he's a nurd, tell him he's boring & a horrible smelly brat....
I used to think of that verse "stick & stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"
yeah right..if of course you're an unfeeling human!! Your're not telling me that no one gets upset by name calling, even if they try to hide behind a mask...so doing the same thing back, does that help?
This lad was himself bullied a few years ago, I remember talking to his mum..and this is what I want to do now..however the email I sent has returned (must have changed) I have a phone number, so have left a text message for her..I guess if no joy then I go speak to the teacher..
Perhaps we should enroll her in a martial arts class
There's no denying it, it hurts..like mad..& it's horrible when your child comes home, not saying anything when they get in the car, but you can tell by their eyes that something is not ok..
Thankfully we've been able to discuss things like bulimia & how she has thought about making herself sick..I don't think she will..we talked about the effects it would have on her, about ending up in hospital, having to see a Psychiatrist eventually to try sort her out, but it's a scary thing when some one is feeling that low.
She seemed ok this morning, due home soon..then we're going to have a good well nourishing low fat lunch, on which I have lost 10 kilos in 6months

No comments:
Post a Comment