Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bye bye to two lovely piggies


Pops died during the summer..he was a little baby when during a storm, trying to rescue all the millions of  baby piggies we had, I accidently let the cage fall on top of him..we thought he had died, he was rather paralysed for a while, but amazingly he survived..if you touched him in a certain place on is head he squeeked & seemed to have a fit..He died whilst some friends were staying in the house..they had to bury him..

These last few days Pierret has been very friendly..letting us pick her up, stroke her & coming to see us when we've taken food to the cage, rather than  run away!

Well this afternoon she looked a bit poorly so she sat on my lap whilst I prepared Sunday school & drifted off quietly..so we have two piggies left, both in separate cages..it's tempting to put the in the same cage but I don't want any more babies!

I shall miss her lovely squeek when I went to talk to her each morning!
(this is not a picture of her this afternoon by the way!!)

They're lovely animals, but it's always hard to find someone to look after them when we go away.. now we have two perhaps they'll be easier to transport to folks homes who offer to take care of them
Posted by Picasa

No comments: