This last weekend Alan was preaching in Anglade as he was the previous week..I was doing the Sunday school in our church in Cenon..So he had to take the car. I decided to go by bus & tram rather than be an hour early at church..I wasn't sure that I would be exactly on time, but amazingly I was..but there were still only 5 other people there at 10.30 when the service is meant to start..It eventually started at 11h..hmmmm
The Sunday school kiddies are a cute bunch,( there are 5 of them, youngest aged 5, oldest 9yrs) but sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get them to answer "so what did you talk about last week children.." ,,, silence whilst they all look around the room, at the walls, ceilings, anywhere but at me.."were any of you here last week?" silence as they look around the room, at the walls, ceilings, anywhere but at me " were you asleep?" silence..you get the picture
I was wondering if it was just me, don't they understand my French after all?? I got answers eventually..phew..but I find it incredibly hard to 'gel' with them in a real way..I love 'em, happy to chat to them, but don't feel I connect with them when doing bible stories.. I used the flannel graph for the first time but I think sometime I to put in too much..well, I was given Gen 45-47 to talk about!! so that's too big a task for anyone..I missed out so much too; So I don't know what went in, how much they understood about Joseph revealing himself to his brothers & forgiving them, or why he was made an officer for Pharoh anyway! He must have just jumped from prison to being an official in Pharoh's household according to what I managed to tell them! Still, they are amazingly good at learning the verses I set for them!
"Le coeur de l'homme médite sa voie, mais c'est l'Eternel qui dirige ses pas"prov 16v9
They have several weeks to learn this verse, then we move on to another..I tried to tie them in with the theme of each story felt this was a really good verse for the story of Joseph

No comments:
Post a Comment