Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Sunday service was interesting, we had visitors who we know well, who work with children..doing clubs & evangelism. The chap did a children's talk for the whole service which was perhaps not ideal & was not perhaps the right thing..more utile for the Sunday school? The kids were called up to stay in the service, where we were shown clips of an animated kind about the story of Jeremiah..no preaching as such, but an over all view of the hard work of this prophet & the things he had to tell God's people..not an easy task..anyway, say what you will about the service..one little girl was very moved by it, & very upset with the idea of being lost to God, she spent sometime praying with one of the Sunday school teachers after the service..if she has been converted to the living God then it would have all been worth it!

The Gwilym Catrin & I went back to Harriettes for lunch once again, to discuss next weeks club & talk over our thoughts about last week, It was a real answer to prayer because we were able to discuss things amicably,( I'd been a bit worried about suggesting that we finish earlier, not sure how that would go down) but it all went well. We are thinking of saying to the parents they must come for their children by 5pm..we'll see!

Our next adventure is to be Joshua & the battle of Jericho! Craft is to finish of the bags we started last week, paint some big stones.;anything they want, & perhaps make some trumpets out of  loo rolls..I only have 5 at the mo!! need to go to the loo, blow our noses more frequently til wed morning!


Some one said 'be careful what you ask for' well, I asked the Lord to give me things to do after having a time of feeling useless here! so, club Wednesday (& prep before hand..like collecting loads of cartons from the book shop so we can build Jericho for the kids to knock down) I seem to have been given the job of leading the ladies meetings! We were talking sometime ago about what to do, & I suggested perhaps that we could look at the role of mother, wife, woman in the church..I found a book that we"d used for the International ladies meeting "Biblical womanhood" as I did'nt have anything in French..(have since found a book that once I get it, may switch too, so that the others can see where I'm coming from) So I translated the first chapter on God's creation, & the things that are the same & the things that are different between men & woman. This week we move on to the fall..I may amalgamate two chapters cos I know they are hoping for answers from the bible about dealing with teens! though there isn't anything specific but rather general about being a mum. Then I have Sunday school to do..book shop on Thursday..in between this I have 6 tea cosies to knot for the shop..am getting there slowly & surely, & also of course Alan is coming home!! Hooray, he comes home tomorrow it'll be wonderful to have him home

No comments: