The youngsters of the church arranged the music for the service this morning..it was really good..Blessed be the name of the Lord, Lumière du Monde, another one that's escaped my brain..not many folks knew it, but Catrin & Gwilym sang it well with a bit of harmonising, which gave it depth musically..I was helping in Sunday school so didn't hear the message, but it is a special Sunday where we talk about world poverty..reminding ourselves again of the compassion of Christ & we are to be like him..not just today when we talk about it but every day.
Well the smell in Catrin's room is still quite strong, the windows are very wet in the morning..Alan is going to look at the house insurance when he gets back; I hope we're covered, then we can get the carpet up & sort out the kitchen & hall way, I think that' affected the toilet walls as well.
This evening was the second half of the prodigal son, we looked at the older sons relationship with the father & his attitude to him & his brother after he returned home..it was really good how folks talked & Gwilym was great too, he was very helpful. How the parable shows that there are in fact, two lost sons..
After the meeting we ate & played silly games, it was a great evening lots of fun & laughter..mainly girls so poor Gwilym was rather out numbered!
This Wednesday we have the kidz club..the invitations were delivered here on Friday, but I wasn't in! so they're coming tomorrow, which gives us no time really to deliver them.. however I think it's word of mouth rather than by invitation..I don't think many mums will walk past the church & think of dropping off their kids! still God has it all in hand & we'll see how it goes. We have lots of help..Harrriette has two dutch girls over, & one the young lads from church is helping which is great, always need lads!! So there is Harriette, Hannah, two dutch girls, Clément & myself..
Also starting up this week is the mamatiné group on Friday mornings ( every other) for mums..time to chill chat & have a coffee..not sure how that will go, but we want to try..
Need to stop, wrists hurting & need to sleep too!

No comments:
Post a Comment