Well, Alan is away & we've decided not to use the car, if it breaks down, I can't drive it without gears, where as Alan is at least able to get it to a garage..
So on Sunday we did our first family trip to church by bus, left in time, were on our way when we got stopped & asked for instructions..mistake! The bus came so I legged it along the road (we were so near the bus stop) & the beast drove on!! I was waving my arms like an octopus so he must have seen me!!
Consequently we were 1/2hr late for church! Ah well..We did get a lift home, although we still didn't arrive back til 2.30..We have a short meeting after the service for prayer..I don't think we'll stay next week, I know we won't have a lift then, & it takes an hour by tram, ; we have the evening meeting at our house to prepare for. We had our second week of "Tales of the Unexpected" the parables of Jesus..we looked at the rich fool last week, this week we started with the lost son, next week is "the stay at home son" They are very good, we watch a DVD of Peter Woodcock, there are discussion questions to go with it. We talked about what we thought it means to be rich. & how to be rich in God's eyes, .this week, how do we come to our senses, how do we really treat God & his gifts. It's quite nice to have these discussions around coffee in comfy chairs..When Alan is away we usually meet at our house, so that if no one comes then we haven't had a wasted journey..as it was two folks came last week. It was a nice time of eating & chatting then the serious business of bible study!
Today I called the plumber..incidently Catrin's room still stinks cos I drowned the carpet..but I noticed that more of the wall paper is slooooowly peeling off the wall in the kitchen, the wet patch on Catrin's ceiling seems to be spreading..so I bravely gave him a ring..it's the same guy that sorted out our heating. He had a look, says that there shouldn't be any long term damage with the walls, that once the pipes are unclogged they should dry out..so once that happens we"ll have to decorate the kitchen & Catrin's bedroom! Can't wait to tear off the wall paper in the kitchen, I would love to have a bright yellow kitchen..the wall paper is yellow but not daffodil yellow, more of a dull colour. He's coming back sometime this afternoon to blow some water up the pipes with his electric thingy...He says it's washing powder that's caused the problem.. we've been using liquid for a few months now so that should help;I showed him the remains of stuff that we've managed to remove.
Meanwhile, I'm preparing stuff for the ladies meeting. We decided we wanted to look at our role as women in the church, as wives as mothers, as those married to unbelievers etc, &we'd thought to look at proverbs, but I was thinking that perhaps we should start at what being a woman of God is..& as we have a marvellous collection of studies on the subject, I suggested it to the others..Martine thinks it's a good idea so trying to put something together..
Then sometime I also want to look at the next in the series of "Tales of the unexpected"
It's very quiet, the children are at school, no one comes down our path, & if the plumber wasn't coming I wouldn't see anyone! & I would go out on my bike or for a walk, or maybe in to Bordeaux..perhaps tomorrow.
Oh & the theme for the Kids club is Voyage...were going to "visit" different countries & do different tasks..thanks to Harriette's church they have done this for their club & have sent the stuff to us!! great..quite excited but a bit daunted cos we don't have long to prepare! Still it doesn't have to be perfect but well organised would be good!!

No comments:
Post a Comment