Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 06, 2012

I think we've had the disaster that we often have when Alan is away, before he went.(past disasters include trying to set the house on fire, flat tyre..incidently, not using the car at the mo...phew!)

We've been having trouble with our pipes..the shower upstairs has been taking ages to drain away, & sometimes the same with all the sinks..we've been outside with our ferret poking & poking & getting amazing lumps of something down..we heard today that because the water is hard, chalk builds up over time & blocks the pipes..that explains why the huge lumps are chalk coloured! Anyway, we'll persevere for a while, see what happens when Alan comes home.;meanwhile the wall in the kitchen is damp & the door to the garden & the bathroom next to it, are very difficult to close!
Anyway, that's not the disaster, sorry about that got distracted..tho there is a link..When we plunge the sinks/bath & wiggle the ferret outside up the pipe, we block off all the other outlets, the sinks upstairs, the shower upstairs, the downstairs sink & the washing machine outlet..can you see where this is going??

So after Alan had gone out yesterday to a meeting, I thought I'd do the washing..yes you can see where this is leading can't you!
I popped out for about 1/2 hr or so, came back singing as ususal & found water everywhere!! In the hall, the bathroom & kitchen, o yes & through to the dining room!! At first I thought the pipes had suddenly gone completely bonkers & that the machine pipes had overflowed..imagine how overjoyed I was when I discovered we had left the pipe blocked up with a rag, and the overflow pipe that's supposed to go into it to take the water out of the house, hanging by the side! Actually I was rather happy, at least the pipes aren't completely blocked!!! I spent a happy hour mopping up, the using the hoover cos I remembered it hoovs water..

However, last night as Catrin went to bed, she sloshed slowly across her bedroom carpet..I hadn't even thought to look in there!! Out came the hoover again but sadly it stinks in there, is still wet, & will probably take ages to dry!

So that's the disaster..let's hope that that IS the disaster of the month..come home quickly Alan!!!

No comments: