I took the children to the dentist for the first time (I know that's terrible, but one reason is that my french and theirs hasn't really been up to it much til now)
Anyway, on the way I called in to a shop to get some wool..and managed to "tu"instead of "vous" to the shop chap. He was really great, and said that it is very difficult knowing when to use either one..Then we had a chat about living here and how did I find it etc..It was just great, we laughed and had a very nice chat!
On the way out I got accosted by some chap who obviously wanted to sell me double glazing! So after telling him to talk slowly, he talked to me about living here, and having a friend who lives in England, and no he himself didn't speak much English...then he continued to try and sell me his stuff, but sadly he didn't have me as customer! but it was good fun..
Anyway, the children were given the all clear at the dentist, though Gwilym has a very small cavity, one that he has had for yonks and several fillings that have all fallen out. The dentist said just to keep an eye on it. Catrin may need to have a brace, and she seems to think that it's really cool! so no worries there then!
So it made it worth going just so I could have a friendly chat with the wool shop man (I'll have to go back again) and the double glazing man..
This afternoon we all went in to Bordeaux. Gwilym has started collecting little 'war hammer' figures, and they have painting lessons in the shop where they are stocked.So he had an hour there, whilst Catrin and I went and spent her money, and Alan went into the centre fac.
One of our next door neighbours gave us a home grown lettuce yesterday! It was delicious, and very kind too!

No comments:
Post a Comment