Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 15, 2010

I've just re-read Friday's post, and it looks as if our friends came and ate the guinea-pigs! no wonder someone asked me if they were tasty (I didn't quite understand at the time, but the penny has dropped so now I do!!) Let me re write that..they came to eat with us and took two guinea pigs home as pets..(just to say that no animals were hurt in the writing of this blog!)

Anyway..we had a lovely weekend! Saturday evening we took advantage of the fact that Gwilym & Catrin were staying overnight at Ben&Liz'ss with the youth group, by going out to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary! Boy it was nice, and the size of the desserts! They were incredible, even the folks on the table behind us were envious..muggins had lovely crumble

now, how do they pronounce that in French..cromble, crombelle..er, "c'est crumble en anglais" I said after trying out various options in a french accent..It's pronounced the same as in English! silly me

Alan ordered beef with 'forgotten vegetables' & I ordered duck

"does your duck taste like beef" says Alan

"hmm, does you beef taste like duck?" says I

"yes, and d'you know what the forgotten vegetables are..mashed swede'

So inspite of being given the wrong ones, we really enjoyed our meal!

Then Sunday evening we had arranged for all the International church folks to eat together afte the service..It was great, it made us feel a bit more together, a family..and I think everyone enjoyed it..but now we are just fuuuuuuulllll of fooooood!!

Sunny day, my French teacher has just phoned to say we are going out for a walk this afternoon, so we can all speak French together..also I want to call in at the Marie to see if there is anything I can join..

No comments: