Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

well what a gorgeous day

The sun was up early this morning, the sky was a lovely blue, there was still a bit of ice on the windscreen..

We went to Ikea this morning for a 'team prayer meeting' breakfast..where you can get a croissant, bread roll & a cuppa for 1 euro..

we sat, ate and talked over the different things in the church ,& what we might be able to do to..

We used to have fellowship picnics after the morning service in the good weather, a really good opportunity for every one to get together.. It isn't the same sort of mentality around this area (so it seems) to invite folks back to lunch after the service, and so having a picnic in a central park was one of the ways we used to get together..

One of the problems also being, that no one really lives near each other..In Deeside, a lot of folks were with-in walking distance of each other, so if you wanted, you could pop in for coffee during the week, but here, it would take a whole day to do..it wouldn't really be worth just going for coffee: It takes some of the ladies to get to our little meeting here on a Thurs over half an hour! then I have to go pick them up at the tram stop, so getting to homes isn't easy.(There are probably little villages in the UK with the same problem)

It's always hard isn't it to get people to volunteer to do things..I know it's the same everywhere, not just here in Bdx..

I've recently been able to help the chief cleaning lady(!) draw up a list of folks to do the cleaning in the Church..and sorted out a rota of 4 teams, and put everyone in a team, and given them the dates when they are to do the cleaning!

It's not that folks don't want to do it, it's just that they see a list, and I don't think it registers that they should put their name down..So we'll see if this idea works!

We talked about créches in church .We do have folks again who could help, but again, the willingness doesn't seem to go to the hand with the pen in it to write the name on the list...Still come September there will only be one little one in the garderie, the others go up to Sunday school...so that will have to be re thought

This afternoon I went into Bdx to clean, and then to go and get a new tram card for Catrin (it's hiding somewhere in the house I know! )with it, she gets reduced fair, without it she has to pay full wack
So I went in and explained what had happened, and that my husband had phoned yesterday, and told me that I needed to take passport, spare photo and 5 euros (get in first is my theory, and then you've said it all, and any difficult explanation is unecessary. Trouble is, she did have something to say!! but as I looked a bit confused, she realised that I didn't understand all that she had said, so repeated it, but slower!!

So that job done! phew and she was very pleasant too, which always helps!!

No comments: