Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 22, 2010

Another year older, merci Seigneur

I had a lovely day yesterday for my birthday! 51..where do the years go? I was just getting up when Gwilym came in with Michael Bublé (well a cd of his not the real thing obviously!)
Then I went to get Catrin out of bed, who had momentarily forgotten until she saw the posters Alan had put on the windows!
She had cross stitched me a lovely book mark!

Alan got me a trip to a chocolate shop,(for two..now who should I take..hmm, probably my beloved!!) to see how to make a chocolate fondu, taste some & come home with chocolates!! yum yum!

Then there were loads of birthday wishes on facebook! I was very touched..facebook is so good for that, whatever else one thinks of it, you can show your friends that you're thinking of them!
Then Alan went to Anglade church, whilst myself & the ados took our visiting preacher to Cenon..

He spoke about the faith of Abraham, when God had told him to sacrifice his only son,how Abraham held on to the promise that it would be through this son, that God would bless the nations...
How God keeps his promises today, to be with us always, even though in the bad times we can't 'see' that he's with us, he is...

I think it was Catrin who spoke to Mairje who had been playing the piano for the service, cos suddenly everyone was singing happy birthday!

Then after the service, once Alan had come to find us, we went out for lunch! Lovely surprise! Pizza Pai...a restaurant that does Pizza & pasta..we all ate for about 40euros!

Then the Griffins phoned! added extra to my day!!!! they all sang to me over the phone! Ah just as if they were down the road§§

The International service was well attended..a young couple who had been in contactt some weeks ago came with their gorgeous baby boy..He is Swedish & his wife is Norviegen.

Alan spoke on Judges, the recruiting of Gideon! "The Lord is with you mighty warrior"
That would infact worry me very much if it had been said to me!! No way am I a mighty warrior, but God had promised to be with Gideon & what better gift could be given, God himself!
But that in itself is amazing..the Israelites were in a continuous circle of disobediance...how like us today! but God hadn't turned his back on them as they deserved (as we deserve!)

All in all a lovely day!

No comments: